Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Yum Yum Yum!!!
I made this for the first time tonight. I was delicious, but what isn't when it has bacon in it. It was super easy too! I got the recipe at Cooking During Stolen Moments. She has some really great recipes.

Phil always laughs at me because I never have all the ingredients for what I am making so I improvise. This was the case shortly after we got married and my brother was visiting us when we lived in Denver. I was going to make spegetti for dinner. I was out of ground beef but I had a package of maple saugage. I have never used it before and I figured the maple would be very sutle and the spegetti sauce would dround out the maple flavor. Boy was I wrong. They both took a bite and looked at each other like, what in the world has she done to us now. Never the less we went out to eat that night.

Yes this is because of my lack of planning ahead. Today I didn't have the chicken stock so I used beef stock instead and it still turned out great.
Until Next Time,
Julie

1 comment:

  1. Oh....I love potato soup! Thanks for the recipe. Loved the story about the maple sausage...:-}
    Penny

    ReplyDelete